Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

email to Craig Ferguson

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Dear Mr. Ferguson,

Your memorial to your father was deeply moving. Thank you for sharing his life and his influence on you with us in such a sincere and humble manner.

I don't know how those corporate types at CBS work, but, if at all possible, I'd sincerely appreciate being able to get a copy of the program, for my own education and to share with some dear friends. I regret to say I missed a few minutes of your opening, and wish I could see the whole program.

Again, given the limitations of dealing with CBS, I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to suggest that any fees for a program copy, beyond expenses, be donated in your father's name to some nonprofit, such as cancer research.

Mr. Ferguson, I knew you were smart. I knew you were clever. I knew you're a recovering alcoholic. I knew you loved your father.

But, after last night, I see why you're so amusing and endearing. It's your dad, your homeland and your deepest values that resonate with me.

I'm most sincerely sorry for your loss. As you said last night, we didn't know your father, and that's our loss.

Blessings to you, Sir.

Sincerely,

Rogi Riverstone
http://rriverstone.com

No comments: