Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

FIENDS of Albuquerque Tribune

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Sigh.

To the yahoo group:

I will not be participating.

1) The meeting notification I received specifically requested volunteer journalists. When I got to the meeting, journalists were not required, even though, from the articles submitted and announced at the meeting, few were actual, hard news.

2) When I said I couldn't commit to serving as a co-editor, the facilitator insisted, repeatedly, that I do it, anyway, even as another member kept telling him, "she said, 'no.'"

3) When the printer suggested bundling the trial balloon in with New Mexico Voice for distribution, the meeting facilitator laughed, without explanation. I can only surmize he thought it ridiculous to be associated with a Queer-friendly paper. I write for New Mexico Voice. They pay me. They actually publish news. It's not funny.

4) Whether or not it would look formal enough, friends of the trib could have a blog, website or ACTIVE Yahoo (or other email) Group, right now, with news & other articles, to attract interest. Aside from notification of the next meeting, I've seen nothing from the Yahoo Group. The last time I saw a website for friends of the trib, it didn't even have notification of LAST month's meeting, 48 hours before it was scheduled!

5) When I suggested CCNS as a news source on nuclear weapons, someone asked me to explain what that was. Before I could finish my explanation, I was interrupted and told POGO would do. My idea wasn't even considered. What would have been the harm in having TWO news sources, referring to nuclear weaponry, waste, etc.? I can only infer that POGO is preferred as more "one of us" than CCNS, although I can't understand why and don't want to get into a pissing contest about who is more politically correct.

I wish you luck.

No comments: