Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MOVIE: "Together"

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

One toy car, one record album and one game of soccer in the snow do not make up for the child abuse in this movie. Drugs, alcohol and cigarettes are lying around where kids can get them. An adult attempts to seduce a 13 year old. Children are ignored and neglected, forlorn and forgotten. Revolution is for angry men with weapons. TRANSFORMATION is when we put children first. If it is not good for children, it is not good. Period. It does not matter if you are working class, middle class or playing poverty tourist in some so called commune. If it is bad for children, it is bad. And nothing good will ever come of it. IF that is the point of the movie, it deserves four stars. I fear it is not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Revolution is for angry men with weapons. TRANSFORMATION is when we put children first. If it is not good for children, it is not good. Period."

Wow... this is a really great statement. I'd like to add it as one of my all-time favorite quotes. I watched "Together" on netflix and, on a whim, started browing through the comments. When I cam across your post, I HAD to google it to see if it's a famous quote from somewhere. It seems to be original. By Rogi Riverstone, right?

Rogi said...

Thanks! Yes, it's original. I have no idea how humanity has gotten so far away from that basic, primal idea: survival of the species! Yes, I do: $$$$$$