Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I found his mother's email address

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Dear Mrs. Kalyan,

I want to thank you for your work as a mother. Your son is doing an excellent thing, with his role in "Aliens in America."

While there is some criticism, some legitimate, of his role, his accent, the writing and even his wardrobe, his character is a breath of fresh air on our commercial television scene.

My friend and I watch the show, every week. In almost every episode, we find ourselves saying, "Who IS this kid? Look at the intelligence, shining from his eyes!" So, I finally looked him up on the internet today. Then, I looked YOU up!

To read the criticism, and my response to it, please read: http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com/2007/12/aliens-in-america.html

I also want to thank you for your diligent work in the South African Parliament.

I wish your family a healthy future.

May South Africa shine as a beacon of tolerance, reconcilliation, intelligence and diversity in a wounded world.

Your son is a happy part of my life.

No comments: