Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, April 24, 2010

MOVIE: "Go Further"

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
"We take food stamps!" Oh, yeah? Well, you ain't takin' mine, dude. I get $90/month to live on. That's ONE trip to the politically correct, boutique food stores.

I live in the frontier. I'm five miles from a BAD grocery and there's no public transportation, so I have to hitch hike when the weather's too bad for my gasoline powered bicycle. Most of us can't afford biodiesel. Most of us can't afford all the meal prep.

This is a "revolution" for upper middle class and wealthy white, young, able bodied snobs who are pricing the rest of us out of healthy food. TWO people of color on the bus: the Asian yooga instructor and the BLACK BUS DRIVER! Please!

Last town I live in, half the meals were bought a the convenience store, since the nearest large grocery was 120 miles, round trip!

Notice you didn't see anybody disabled, low income? What's up with that?

Hemp oil? How would one acquire THAT? At least we could use French fry oil, if we could afford the fuel conversion kits!

Solar? How much do those panels cost and how much energy do they produce?

Stop smokin weed and get down here in the big box slums with the rest of us!

One star, for Ken Kesey.

Useless. I learned NOTHING!

No comments: