Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

oh, HELL!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Something transformative might happen soon. I won't know for sure until sometime in mid April.

I can't write here about what it actually is. It involves more people than just myself. My head's about to explode.

If it happens, it'll happen soon. Part will happen in June. The rest will happen a few months later.

It means I'd have to sell just about everything I've owned for most of my life. It means I'll have to find homes for all the chickens and duck, the goats, 3 of 4 cats.

It means I'd be leaving everything I've known for my entire life to move VERY far from here. It means I'll probably never come back to this continent.

It means I'd be living someplace quite amazing, fragile, in danger. Jobs are hard to find and the cost of living is a hardship.

It means I'd, once again, have to start my life all over again. First, it was Monterey County. Then, it was Louisville, KY. Next, it was here.

I'd probably die in this new place. It's not a bad place to die, really.

I'm looking around at scissors, stapler, coffee mug, tv, felt tip pens, clothing....it's all going to go, if this thing happens. I can't take it with me.

As soon as I know for sure, I'll open up at eBay and sell off as much as I can. The rest, I'll give away.

I don't even know if I should plant a garden this year. Oh, hell. It'll take me months, if this goes through, before I'll be ready to move. I can plant. If I'm not here to harvest in fall, my neighbors can have any food.

Where I'm going, I can't even take seeds from previous gardens.

It costs too much to send animals there.

Once I get there, if I get to go, I can pretty much scrounge up everything I need. I will send my electric bicycle ahead of me, though. It weighs 80 lbs, but I'll need the transpo.

blogger's freezing up. gotta post b4 I lose this....

No comments: