Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, June 28, 2008

pacing cigarettes

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

My target date for quitting cigarettes is, tentatively, July 11. That's when I expect to reeive the nicotine gum in the mail.

But I decided some prep stuff was in order.

One thing that has HELPED in the past is pacing: one cig per hour.

I've been SO conjested in the mornings, though, that I've been chain smoking half a pack, more or less, when I get up. Partly, I do it to calm the coughing. Partly, I do it as a stimulant, as I've been very groggy inthe mornings & wanted to wake up so I could start packing the truck while it's still cool outside.

This morning, I managed to DELAY the 1st cig by apx 10 mins. That's a victory.

I couldn't manage to wait an entire hour for the 2nd cigarette, but I DID WAIT 30 MINUTES!! That's another victory.

Also, I'm going to try to walk 1/2 hr per day.  I took the goats out for a walk in the afternoon. True, motly, I was sitting or standing around, waiting for the goats to graze. But we went several blocks, one pretty long one. I felt it in my calf muscles. And the goats, of course, LOVED not being imprisoned in the back yard! Much playing, gamboling and head butting ensued.

No comments: