Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Christopher" MIA again

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

to Trinity House:

It's nearly midnight & I'm worried sick.

"Christopher" NEEDS TO CALL ME BEFORE NOON TOMORROW!

"Christopher," as he won't tell me his actual name, left a message
LAST night that he wouldn't be home and would "see you tomorrow." This
is "tomorrow." I haven't heard a WORD about: where he is, when he's
coming back, if he's really going to help me move, if he's going to
pay his rent and what time that'll happen.

His rent is due. Last time he got paid, apparantly, he got "robbed."

I called St. Martin's, where he told me he works, 4 times today to
leave messages. I DESPERATELY needed his help tonight. The last time I
called, the woman who answered said he hasn't been working there this
week!

So, why hasn't he paid me the rent he owes?

I'm supposed to rent a trailer from U-haul on Friday, to transport a
shed (getting it out of the backyard today, while I had a work crew,
was why I needed him; it's still not moved) to Ft. Sumner on Friday.

I need his rent $ to pay for the trailer & gasoline out there & back.

If I DON'T hear from him by noon tomorrow, I'll have to call U-haul to
CANCEL the trailer, or pay more of a penalty than the rental would
have cost me.

I'm out of money and running out of food.

I've just been diagnosed with pulmonary edema and emphysema. I'm very
ill and the heat is exhausting me. I'm working WAY too hard, with no
help. He's SUPPOSED to help me unload the truck & trailer in Ft.
Sumner this weekend; I can't do it alone.

I'm running out of time to move!

I've been home all day, afraid to be too far from the phone, in case
he calls again, so I can tell him all this.

If I don't hear from him by noon, I have to cance the trailer. I can't
just sit around waiting while he sleeps and socializes. I waived a
deposit on the room in exchange for some help with the move. I haven't
been unreasonable in my requests for assistance.

He needs to man up. I'm not his mother.

No comments: