Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, May 10, 2010

MOVIE: "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"


You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

OK, I guess I'm a pseudo intellectual fifteen year old girl then 'cause I enjoyed it.

Maybe it's my brain injury which, I fear, seems to be affecting more with time. For instance, When "Elizabeth R" first came out on Masterpiece Theater, I watched every episode on the edge of my seat. Tried to watch it on NF the other day and could not keep up. Sigh.

I think the Monty Python/ Waiting for Godot crack is pretty close, 'though I really can't bear sitting through another performance of either in my old age. I'm more a "Red Dwarf" gal these days.

So, with memory and concentration fading, I totally spotted myself with this one. Funny as a pickle eating contest at a chapped lip convention.

Personal note to
auc 1808773

The lack of accessibility to these movies for people who need captions is beyond me. I understand: even though I can usually hear, with Elizabethan accents, grammar and figures of speech, a little help might be nice.

I stopped the film multiple times to look up inconsistencies with props. There may, indeed have been tomatoes, MAYBE in Denmark, in those days, but would R & G have had access? The bath scene is more accurate than I'd have thought.

But I still find no excuses for the matches.

This is a fart in a chapel: it's only funny to those of us too tired or too inexperienced to revere Shakespeare as High Art, which he, himself, did not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosencrantz_%26_Guildenstern_Are_Dead_%28film%29

No comments: