Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, February 09, 2006

soulforce.org

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Y'know, I've been a Unitarian Universalist for longer than I can remember. But I don't attend any churches. Most congregations are upper middle class and squeeky academic. It's pretty elitist, and I'm tired of having to educate them on the realities of being a multiracial, Queer, disabled woman on a tiny income. So, I stopped going. But, philosophically, I will always be a UU, minus the committees.

So, I found this long, forwarded email today. It's fromhttp://www.soulforce.org. They sound like good people, for those who have the energy, anyway.

But I really don't want to receive forwarded emails from them. So, I wrote the sender, whom I know from a totally different group:

I'm an agnostic, Queer Witch. I have no interest in assimilating into
Abrahamic religions traditions who've murdered my people for centuries.

Apparantly, this email list emphasizes the latter. Therefore, I have
no interest in these mailings.

In fact, I have no idea why I'm on this email list. Could I please be
removed from religious mailings, since my faith traditions aren't
represented?
>
>
>
>
>
> Subject: Soulforce Announces New Executive Director and
Renewed
> Dedication to Ending Homophobia at its Source

No comments: