Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

balloon fiasco

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |
The Dems squandered the good will & grassroots organizing the minute the doors to the White House opened. They lost momentum, trust, enthusiasm. I'd keep getting emails and all they wanted was five dollar donations from me, on food stamps! ...I thought, what the frick FOR?? They screwed the pooch, the queers, youth vote, inner city vote, etc. The Tea parody was organized quickly, thanks to Faux Noise. We should have had a proactive, positive message counter balance amongst progressives. Even at the Comedy Central rally, nobody asked anybody to vote, except Tony Bennett, bless his grizzled heart. The Dems puffed up a big, shiny balloon full of hot air, got us all up to 20,000ft so they could ascend the Golden Staircase, then left us up there with no more fuel or blankets for warmth. And it's been a terrifying trip back down. Don't blame the victims.

You know, I think CONSTRUCTiVE CRITICISM is not hate speech or negativity. I think some of us asked questions and were ignored because the party machine didn't want to bust a sweat The Dems had a great grassroots network going, but squandered it, lost momentum and trust and didn't build on it. This country could have had a positive, proactive movement to counteract the Tea Parody: going into inner cities, out to rural areas, onto reservations, building infrastructure, registering voters, EDUCATING voters, etc. Instead, all I got was emails asking me to donate five dollars! FOR WHAT?? business as usual??? I don't have heat, running water or sewage, but i tried to clean a park in the early days of this admin. and did a bunch of stuff during the campaign. in Ft. Sumner, New Mexico, where they called me a "n!gger lover" and said Obama was the antiChrist! I put my ass on the LINE for this President, and I'm not even a Democrat! I'm registered Green Party! Asking questions and wanting accountability is NOT HATE SPEECH!

No comments: