Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, November 29, 2010

Jumping through hoops

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

i will not "jump" through their hoops. 1 NO medication; I need every brain cell I have left and my so-called "hypervigilence" from PTSD (in other words, knowing what can go wrong, where I'm vulnerable and how to work around that) is probabl...y the only thing that's kept me alive so long. 2 NO "faith" based "help." I am Queer; they discriminate. I can, and would not, change the fact i'm Queer if i could, any more than i can change my race or eye color and i will NOT hear condemnations about "sin" and "perversion" from superstitions hypocrites for a baloney sandwich and a dirty, old coat. 3 The assumption I need mental "health services," which no longer provide real psychotherapy, but only 12 step bumper sticker slogans, religious platitudes and DRUGS, required as clinics are funded more by grants from Big PhRMA lobbying groups, no longer provide healing services for us so-called "high functioning" people. 4 Every concession I've ever made to a corrupt, inept system has only exacerbated my vulnerability and eroded my civil rights. Example: Adult "Protective Services" can demand an illegal, warrentless search of a person's living space, based soley on an anonymous rumor of need, no matter that the "report" may have been made out of vengeance, attempts to control the individual reported, etc. My landlord recently "reported" the conditions of this house to APS and said I was not mentally competent to take care of myself, in order to try to get me thrown out, to break my lease and save him the $ of filing court fees for an eviction. i had to submit to an "inspection" of my home, or be taken away for a psychiatric examination, without a warrant, without probable cause. Fortunately, it is easy to distract them from the real issues of the property. APS left satisfied I am competent and not in danger. They made half a dozen promises of help, did not follow through and will not return my phone calls, seeking information about what they offered. Case closed. I nearly ended up in a mental hospital, my home vulnerable to robbery and my animals dead, because the land lord could gossip about me? THE SYSTEM KILLS PEOPLE and that is not hyperbole. That's why I'm trying to find a trailer or camper and rent some land to live on. I want to live the rest of my life out in peace. I'll be dead soon enough and I want no further abuse. i won't even go to a food pantry. I'd rather dumpster dive. I eat very well on my $3 a day. I don't NEED their junk food, sermons and hoops.

No comments: