Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, June 27, 2011

irony

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share | This is New Mexico, the state SO responsible, compassionate and community-minded, it elected Martinez for cough governor.

So, I'm not really surprised to hear protests about any fireworks ban in the state. Why, it might mess up someone's fun, right?

This is the Pacheco fire, seen from behind a fireworks stand. Buy one, get one free!
 ...And here's Los Alamos Hospital today:
 People think this is entertaining? KOB actually posted on FaceBook today that they wanted us to post our "great shots" of the fires! Ghouls!

I just went through a fire. I think, I'm not sure, but I THINK  my inhaling smoke and steam while I screamed for help and hosed things down MIGHT have helped keep that fire from jumping the property line in the wind and engaging my neighbors' properties. It was the most gruesome, terrifying experience, as canisters of lighter fluid and camp stove gas, and aerosol cans began exploding right in my face.  I dropped the hose on the porch and ran around back.


Neighbors FINALLY heard my screams and ran from as far as half a mile away to help.

As the neighbors took over with the hoses, I ran around to the back door, felt to see if it was hot, then tried to go in to find the cat and to let water run on the floors. But I could feel, in the pitch black, a hovering cloud of heat that could have killed me, so I had to back out; the attic was engaged already. I closed the door, to not let oxygen in, and walked away. 

The cat was ok; he'd been outside. All my cats and dogs stayed inside my travel trailer. They were traumatized for some time; one still is. I haven't had enough time with my goats to help them transition. They were watching all night long.

So, no, I don't think any of this is funny. 

No comments: