Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, February 09, 2007

cat got out

It's an hour 'til we leave, and Ivan isn't anywhere he can hear me call
him.

I hate to leave him out for nine days. I'll leave out food & there's
plenty of water, if he doesn't come home by the time we leave.

My neighbors can keep an eye on him. But I sure hope he doesn't go in
Grace's yard. She's the neighbor on the other side of our house. She's
constantly calling city agencies, incl. Animal Control, trying to get us
in trouble. She does it to the whole neighborhood, but us, in
particular. She screams, she cusses, she throws trash in our yard, she
threatens us constantly. One time, she called Animal Control on us
because there was a SKUNK in the empty lot behind her house! She told
Animal Control our goats stank. The guy came out & said, "I thought that
was strange; goats don't stink!"

I only let my cats out while Grace is at work or sleeping. He got out
last night and hasn't come back. sigh.

Well, other than that, we're just about ready to leave. Ma's packing the
last of her stuff right now & will pack the WebTV, VCR & TV in a few
minutes.

We should be well into Colorado tonight.

No comments: