Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, February 11, 2007

greetings from Larned, KS

http://larned.org/
There's nothing to do here. We got a hotel so we can take showers b4 we
meet a lady to film at the Santa Fe Trail Ctr., near Ft. Larned. We look
pretty funky, so a shower's in order. Slept 2 nites in the truck: La
Junta, Colorado and Dodge City, KS (a truly ugly town; don't bother ick,
but La junta and neighboring Las Animas, CO were nice). COOOOOOLD in da
truck!

Osa, the cat, is doing fine. Great traveling cat; likes to stay inside &
never panics.

We were in Bent's Fort, CO yesterday, filming. http://www.nps.gov/beol/

Had 2 cats follow me all over the fort. People will think they have
8,000 cats there, as I don't think I got one shot without a cat butt in
it. They don't, according to the locals, usually follow people like they
follow me. Great. I'm a cat magnet!

Well, Ma's outta da shower, so I guess it's my turn now.

C U L8ers.

1 comment:

This Brokedown Life said...

It's so wonderful to have you posting again Rogi.

More later, but this is just a quick note to say: Record some sounds - this following the trail will make a perfect independent piece for PBS. A la some of the Hearing Voices stuff.
grubstreetnm@gmail.com
Leslie (your longtime reader fan)