Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, February 05, 2007

I've nearly killed myself, but...

the truck is packed & ready to go. We have a comfy bed on an air
mattress.

We're cooking with sterno and disposable bbqs I found on sale at the end
of last summer for a dollar each.

We have a portapotty, made of cardboard boxes with plastic garbage bag
lining.

We have an ice box, outlets for the cigarette lighter, lamp for that,
extra tires which I made into a bench inside by the bed, shelves,
clothing bar, lots of food, solar battery charger for the truck.

We also have small, solar chargers for rechargable batteries for; webtv,
video & still cameras, minidisc recorder, flashlights flashers for
bicycles (we'll chain those to the motorcycle rack on the front of the
truck), razor, cell phone, my electric bicycle, etc.

We're leaving Friday, 10am. We'll be in Trinidad, CO by nightfall, we
hope. Trinidad is kinda famous for the gender reassignment clinic there.
My g/f is m-f transexual, and would like to see it if we have time.

We're going to an historical reinactment at a fort about 100 mi. north
of there on Saturday to film.

After that, I'm not sure where we'll be, when.

The weather's warmed up here into the sixties by day. Hoping we won't
freeze to death in CO, OK, Missouri, KS.

We'll stay in hotels periodically, to check email and bathe, mostly.

I've got plenty of straw, hay, chicken scratch, kids' wading pools full
of water for goats and chickens.

I've got 6 litter boxes in the house, a 15 gal. tub of water, 32 lbs.
cat kibble in giant salad bowls all over the house for my four cats.

Neighbors will keep an eye on things, throw bread over the fence daily
for goat treats, check mail, etc.

I'm even packing laundry soap, just in case. It's a five ton moving van;
it's not like I can't take anything I want. Hell, I'm even packing some
large, stuffed animals to make the bed snugglier.

Oh, and I packed lawn chairs and this cute, wooden table that rolls up
and slides into a sack!

Man, am I tired!

No comments: