Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

sleeping in truck

Well, mostly, we slept in our truck, which is a van conversion, moving
van from Penske rentals. The box is 10 ft. tall by about 20 ft. long.

I put a futon frame & mattress inside (both dumpster finds).

The 1st nite in Kansas, it was raining HARD. By the time we were on the
outskirts of Ks. City, the rain was turning to snow & the snow plows
came out.

I was worried, of course.

We were driving around an industrial area near the airport, when I saw
this HUGE building, incomplete, with a real estate sign out front. There
was no construction equipment, so I figured nobody would be back the
next day. It was larger than a wal+mart, with HUGE doors.

So, I drove the truck inside and hid it behind a wall.

We were out of the snow, out of the wind, out of sight. YOU try to hide
a huge, yellow truck, so you can sleep in the streets!

I'll write more later. I'm facing an interruption.

No comments: