Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, February 09, 2007

Forgot to post this one

Re: I've nearly killed myself, but...

Group: news:alt.discuss.clubs.public.arts-lit.misc.rriverstone Date:
Thu, Feb 8, 2007, 5:58am (MST-1) From: (Rogi Riverstone)

I got my NM driver's license yesterday.

Took Ma to work & hit the thriftstores.

I've been thinking that a futon frame & light mattress would be more
comfortable than inflated mattress on floor. And what happens if we
spring a leak?

Well, as I was parking the truck outside the 1st thrift store, I saw
that the neighbors were throwing out thin box spring and mattress set.
Took mattress; doesn't weigh much.

Last night, I took Ma to her acting class. I saw a futon frame beside a
dumpster, threw it on the motorcycle rack and it's now in the driveway!
Free bed!
I bought spray disinfectant for the mattress. Today, I'll remake the
bed: frame over carpet, mattress on that, inflated mattress over that,
covered by thick blanket, to keep cold mattress from freezing us, eighty
billion other blankets over that.

At the Goodwill clearance center, I found two, HUGE pillows, printed and
cut out like a giant barracuda and a giant sword fish. They're 5' long
and about 2' wide, at the widest. They'll be good "huggy" pillows. We
both like pillows betw. our knees, to keep our hips from getting stiff.

This way, I won't have to take all our bedding out to the truck.

I also sewed two large pillows out of old, thriftstore beach towels,
stuffed with packing peanuts. They'll absorb sweat, dry fast, be easy to
clean. We can use them on the ground, picnic benches....whatever.

The last things I'll need to do will be to pack refrigerator foods, fill
cats' water tub, grab small litter box, pet carrier & popcorn can of
food for the 1 cat (Osa: means "lady bear" in Spanish) we're taking.
I'll have to pack clothes and video/photo/recording equipment tomorrow.
Ma changed all the litter boxes this morning; trash comes today.

Last things are turning off heaters & extra electric (like COMPUTERS!),
giving neighbors housekeys and leaving, I guess.
If I've forgotten anything, it's not cuz I haven't tried to plan.

OH! Musn't forget to pack webtv, kbd, small vcr and small tv! shoot!

No comments: