Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Household Bank Rip Off

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

This bank has lied to me. I called CS because my acct had been $3.00 over & I made a $10.00 payment, the previous day. I wanted assurance that no fees would be attached to my account.CS PROMISED me no fees would be assessed against my account.

Tonight, I found a $30.00 fee assessed for overage! My current activity since last statement doesn't show my payment. The overage fee does.

If your computers are capable of charging IMMEDIATELY for an overage, they're CERTAINLY capable of listing a PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT assessing an ADDITIONAL fee for immediate processing!

What does it say about your policies that you tried to assess a penalty TEN TIMES that of the overage on my account, when I'd already covered the difference, within TWO HOURS of its occurance?

My income is Social Security Disability insurance, less than $700/mo. Is this bank SO financially insecure it needs to assess unfair fees to disabled people? No WONDER banks r closing! CHANGE YOUR POLICIES!

No comments: