Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

de agony of de feet

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Every combustion engine that passes the house gets me up and out to look for a FedEx truck, with my new scooter on it.

I bought it here: http://www.utahoutdooractivities.com/scootersxg470.html. Normally, I wouldn't send readers to a commercial website, but this guy has been very helpful and I can recommend him. No, I'm not getting paid!

There's another Queer poetry reading this weekend: 7pm, Harwood Arts Center. We're recording it, too. I hope to have a pretty nice anthology for a fundraiser for Common Bond.

FSRN chose a really good documentary pitch: Native Hawaiians, working to restore national status, their traditions with their dead, family interviews, etc. It should be awesome, and I hope to hear it. Everything FSRN does is archived on their website. FSRN.

I'm still working on the NA Vets piece. Ma & I are contemplating buying an actual recorder of our own. She has a mic already. I hate borrowing equipment, but it sure ain't cheap. I'll have to really work, to pay it off.

With the scooter and some freelance work, MAYBE I can FINALLY get my TEETH fixed! bad word, bad word....

Suki, my white, Japanese silkie hen, is hovering over seven chicks. They're all white, or mostly white. I should take pictures, huh?

I've been very busy with fixing up the back yard for Oprah's and Suki's chicks. The backyard pond is ALMOST up to snuff.

WHERE'S MY SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTER???? I want to go to the Pueblo Center for some smokes, and maybe a snack. And I want to buy 2 for a dollar loaves of bread at Lowe's (today's the last day!).

And tomorrow, I have to go to the feed store for more goat and chick feed.

Some kids stole my old scooter out of the yard. I had it there to TRY to get the carb working. They had to lift it --forty pounds-- over a 4-foot concrete wall to get it out. Fortunately, my $35 EZ Seat fell off when they did. Some other kids found it a few blocks away, ditched, cuz it doesn't run. I'll try to fix it, even though I'm getting the new one, to give to those kids. It was an adventurous night, I'll tell you! All that work to steal from me, and what good did it do? huh...

I've been asking for opinions on recording equipment: minidisc or flash recorder? Which brands? how do various mics, preamps, phantom power sources, etc. work? Humming and hissing? Length of time recordable? Thankyou, Transom, for your great reviews of recording equipment! I'd die without that place.

We watched "Monster" the other night. I told Ma, with just a few twists of fate, I could have been an Aileen Wornous, easily. Our life stories are so similar. I was very fortunate to have found a group of ethical, principled and hard-working Lesbian Feminists to take me in, not exploit me, teach me to be self-sufficient and nurture me. Aileen only had the marbles rolling in her own head to hear. Her story is a sincere tragedy, experienced by thousands of women on a daily basis. Why MORE women don't become serial killers, especially of abusive johns, is a true mystery.

WHERE'S MY SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTER???? sigh.....

No comments: