Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Ham Kills!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

I have the ham in baking. In an hour or so, I'll throw in some baking taters.

Here's the ham: scored, to let flavors in.

Dumped a can of pineapple chunks in juice over it. Squirted a dab of maple syrup on it..JUST a dab, for flavor! Sprinkled with cardomon, powedered ginger, cloves, chili pepper flakes. Sprinkled with candied orange peel, candied ginger, candied cranberries. Splashed with a TINY bit of bourbon. Covered in foil, placed in 350 degree Farenheit oven until cooked through. I'll baste it for awhile, then flip it over, to make sure both sides soak in sweet and sour bourbon sauce and candied fruits.

When the ham is done, I'll stir some corn starch into cold pineapple juice and sloooowly stir into pan drippings, heated on stove, until thickened into glaze. It's kind of like Chinese sweet and sour glaze! I may even add some marachino cherry juice, and some orange juice!

AMMENDMENT TO THE GLAZE! I decided to save my fresh oranges for the fruit salad; I only have 2. Since I used all the pineapple juice in the glaze, I'll need more acid in the salad, to keep the bananas and apples from browning. SOOOO, I tossed in...are you ready for this?...about three tablespoons of orange marmalade in the glaze! I'm eating it right now. It's a cross between syrup, sweet and sour sauce and chutney. If you don't make this glaze out of your ham drippings, especially with the candied ginger, orange peel and cranberries in it, you are MISSING SOMETHING! I made about a pint of glaze. I'm contemplating bathing in it! LOL

Served with baked potatoes, stuffed with sour cream, butter and cream cheese.

Salad will be pineapple, banana, apple, orange salad with a dollop of whipped cream and shaved almonds on top!

I'm going to eat ham dinner for a solid WEEK! And ham sandwiches and ham, eggs and home-made waffles for breakfast...oh, it sounds SO painful!

HEHEHEHHEHHEHEHEH!

No comments: