Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Hanging on

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

Ate the last, two eggs today. Also ate the last of the cheddar cheese. There's no meat left in the house. I'm running out of bread. All the pasta's gone.

Made a big omlette this morning, with the works. I figured, if I have to go without protein for two days, I might as well really enjoy the last of it. I mixed the cheese, some cream cheese, salsa, green onion, black olives, celery together in the food processor. It was lovely. I smeared it with sour cream.

I've only got about thirty dollars' food stamps left, and I'm trying to keep them for the Christmas foods' sales, starting this and next week, and also for after Christmas chocolate, if I can do it.

I have seven dollars. I'm five short of a carton of cigarettes. I need xmas lights, which will go on sale after xmas. I use them for night lights and out i my garden at night.

I'm completely frustrated.

Tomorrow is trash day, so I'll trash pick my way to Smith's to look for food. I'm taking my herbs, seeds and Fairy Rag Ladies to try to sell to passers by on my way.

My food stamps went from ninety, down to sixty five and then down to sixty dollars a month.

It's going to be very hard.

No comments: