Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I got published

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

No, he didn't pay me. And he's a conservative, running his own, little paper from southern New Mexico. And I respect him and I guess he respects me.

This is, pretty much, stream of consciousness, with very few edits. It was a comment to the Rio Grande Foundation, a local branch of the "Liberty Central" Judge Thomas' wife is tangled in.

At first, I just said, "boy, when you're wrong, you're really wrong," which exasperated Gessing, who's never replied to one of my comments at RGF before. He wagged his finger and told me to be more specific.

Well, all this poured out of me with such unexpected passion.

And guess what? Not ONE person at RGF contested me!

The Weekly Alibi in Albuquerque, a free paper of the political elite, gentrified liberality, would not accept it as anything but a 300 word maximum letter to the editor. I didn't know what to cut and asked for help. They ignored me.

So, I made it a blog entry and posted a link to it in national publications' stories on the labor problems in Wisconsin. I got HUNDREDS of views. I got DOZENS of "likes" on Facebook and i didn't even follow up on the responses from all those publications. People from Alternet, Mother Jones, Time Magazine. . . came to my little blog to read my thoughts on union busting toward privatization! HUNDREDS! I told the Alibi, and they STILL won't reply.

I'm just a "crack pot?" Uh, huh.

Like I said, this is a conservative paper. I don't think I'll have the nerve to read comments there!

Yeah, a commentary by me, the "crazy," "weird," "ugly," embarrassing "crack-pot." And I sincerely believe I'm right.

http://www.nmpolitics.net/index/2011/02/we-need-more-protection-for-workers-not-less/

No comments: