Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, July 01, 2004

brave or foolish?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Dale's poetry reading happens tonight at RB Winnings.

It starts at seven.

It's five twenty-four and I'm already dressed.

I'm ready tonight.

Blue Dragon has too much reverb and bass on their mic. The room's too bright, so sound echoes everywhere. And there's no sound barrier between the speakers and the espresso machine.

I could barely hear anything anybody said or sang last night!

Plus, most of the people were very young, and all were musicians.

It was too distracting and distracted to seriously read.

So, despite constant prodding from my companion, I didn't read last night.

I'll talk to Don McGyver, the poetry dude, who runs a Sat. night reading at Blue Drag, and also hosts poetry on KUNM...I think it's saturday night, too, but that sounds like a LOT of poetry organizing in one night! Talk about herding cats! Try to organize poets!

I'm in a pretty, cotton halter dress: comfy, but has pockets.

I've been listening to Stevie Wonder's "Secret Life of Plants" all day today.

That man's world is full of colors a sighted person can't see!

WHAT a MUSICIAN!

Lots of romance, lots of flowers, lots of cultural pride....just what I needed! Medicine for my tired soul.

I'll tell you about "Black Orchid" some day: a song I dedicated to one of the girls in the War Zone.

Heard it today and CRIED!

Tried to phone her; no reply. Guess I'll try again before I leave tonight.

I heard from the Once Love Of My Life by email last night, too. He'll be emailing again after he returns from yet-another-trip-somewhere. He likes to spend his summers buying gasoline.

My heart! My happy, happy heart! I'm home and reconnecting with everyone I love.

oooooooooo

No comments: