Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, July 04, 2004

FNB

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

The food's being served and I'm resting in a CLEAN house, thank you! All dishes are washed & put away.

We made: apple sauce, humus roll ups, grilled eggplant, garlic cheese bread, chopped vegie salad, rice, soup and fruit salad.

It's such a nice group of kids!

And, this week, I could play records, which seemed to raise everybody's spirits and keep us all happy and cheerful.

Everything's either in the trash or the compost.

I'm watering my yard, even though it's mid day. It's so hot out there, and my plants had to wait so long for water, they're looking, in places, like they might not make it through the rest of the day.

Many of the cats are no longer afraid of company. They come and go and ignore all the cooking.

Porkchop's always thrilled to see the kids show up and lays at their feet, looking up at them with such joy.

They're starting to ask me questions now. About my life as a feminist, thirty years ago. They're full of questions about what we did. It's wonderful. They're forcing me to remember my life. It was important, dammit!

We got a two hundred dollar donation.

And Blue Dragon has restaurant equipment and food for us!

I'm happier than I've been in twenty years!

I got a do-over! My life is mine again!

I'm reconnecting with all my old loves and friends who still impact my life.

It's truly amazing, this journey I'm on.

I feel the Universe, itself is pouring energy back into me.

If this keeps up, I'm going to die a happy old woman, with the knowledge that my life continues on in the people I've touched.

I'm satisfied. And I'm so grateful!

No comments: