Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, July 08, 2004

what an agenda!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I woke like it's Christmas morning! I'm hostessing a party today! Oh, gurrl!

I'm not walking today. Yesterday was, and today will be, physically stressful. I'm conserving my resources so I'll make it through.

I'm making a table top fountain of virgin pina coladas! It'll be in a punch bowl, with a small pump motor set inside. The tubing will climb the back of a plastic goblet, into which the punch will spill. The whole thing's chilled with frozen strawberries and cherries!

The steaks are thawing, as is filo dough.

I'm making crab & avacado cups. I'll bake some filo in cupcake cups, with a dash of cheddar cheese in the bottom, brushed with butter. Fill with diced avacado & crab, sprinkle with lemon juice! Serve chilled. Dungeness crab & avacados are both ON SALE this week! So's shrimp, so I MIGHT get some of that, too, for the mix!

We'll have steaks, of course, barbequed. I'm not sure what vegetables; depends on what I find at the store.

If I have time/energy, I'll make cups for the dessert, too.

Paper garlands festoon my yard & patio umbrella. A dozen balloons are blown up, tied with yarn, waiting to be hung.

I have some straightening up to do in here & in the yard this morning.

Then, it's off to Smith's.

Come back and prepare crab cups.

Then, my advisor comes by at 1 ish this afternoon.

Then, a nap.

Then, a wake up call from the other dinner guest.

Then, start the barbeque and hose down the back yard & fences, to air condition the yard.

Then, the guest of honor should arrive, followed by the other guest, who'll find the container for HER gift out in my greenhouse, already decorated, waiting to be filled.

Then, we eat, wearing our paper glitter tiaras.

Then, we go to the play.

I'm wearing a see-through, black lace blouse, with a red bra under it and a cut-off, white tee shirt with a black cat silkscreened on it, examining a red goldfish in a bowl--with my a-lined skirt, printed with cat sillouettes, with black stockings and my little, Victorian boots.

And my tiara, of course!

Looks to be a fine adventure!

What FUN!

No comments: