Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The US is "broke" and bombing Libya?

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

Coalition launches Libya attacks

We can't afford to fund a national treasure like public broadcasting, especially NPR. RIGHT?

The US is broke. That's why we're cutting social welfare programs to poor folks here. That's what they tell us, anyway. I nearly froze to death, no superlatives, last month in coldest temperatures on record. I was declined Low Income Heating Assistance, which would have purchased enough fire wood to keep me comfortable. Instead, I am being notified my electricity (and, therefore, my internet: my ONLY access to the outside world) will be cut off at the end of this month, unless I pay ONE THIRD of my monthly income. I do not have the money. Neither does the US government. Money for just ONE of those missiles could probably keep this entire community warm for the rest of our lives!


And what about Yemen, Bahrain, "Saudi" Arabia?

No comments: