Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Free Burger!

I have a tiny bit of meat left, to last 'til the food stamps come.

It's hot. I'm tired. I don't wanna heat the kitchen and make dirty dishes.

So, I hitched up Porkchop and we went to Wendy's, 3 blocks from here.

Some scrawny, slack jawed, wannabe gangbangers were in front of me, with three trays piled with food.

The girl's bank card didn't work and none of the 5 boys had money. So, they left their food and went to an ATM down the street.

I ordered. Then, I said, "I'll buy everything they just left for half price!"

The mgr. had already "recycled" the chicken strips & fries, and dumped the sodas, but she sold me 2 Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers for $1!!!

I gots me a sack o burgers for 2 days! Yippee!

Stupid ppl come in handy sometimes...
***********
I did stop at two. But, fifteen or thirty minutes later, I ate the 3rd.

I did it because I COULD!

I always have to be so damn careful with every bite of food in this house: stretching it, covering it, freezing, bagging, packing it....so it'll last without going bad.

I ate 3 cuz I COULD eat three. I never feel stuffed, especially with protein.

It was the most satisfying feeling!

I have dreams of having enough money for a big kitchen and lots of varieties of foods! AND a chicken yard, AND a truck garden AND a full sized freezer! LOL

No comments: