Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Porkchop

Porkchop was a fighting dog. He didn't have the heart for it; it made him crazy. He's much better now, after a year with me & the six cats, but he's still very nervous, shy and aggressive with strangers who approach him without an introduction from me.

He's calm and cheerful when we're alone, either at home or out walking. But let someone interrupt us, and he's a wreck.

Poor buddy!

He's never intentionally hurt me. He's very strong and has accidentally knocked into me, but never attacked.

And that's even though one day, while we were gardening, I whirled around and smacked him HARD on top of the head with a shovel! I didn't see him behind my full skirts. He made a sound like you wouldn't believe: REALLY scary! Sounded like Kujo...I've never heard a dog, or any animal, make a noise like he did! I'm surprised I didn't break his skull!!

He was scared of me for a week, after that!

No comments: