Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Poverty Weight Lifting

I'm getting concerned about my body: I'm just too weak. Simple thing wear out my arms and legs.

So, I resumed something I did before I moved here. I'd just forgotten I did it!

I take 2 20-oz. soda bottles and fill them with water. I tie one to each end of a jump rope.

I use them for range-of-motion exercises and "curls" for my arms. Then, I let them hang and "crawl" my fingers along the rope to pull them up.

Next, I hang the rope over both knobs of a door.

I sit in a chair, facing them, I use my toes to pull the rope toward me.

Then, I slide my ankles into the loop between knobs. I raise and lower my legs, pulling the bottles up and down. This even works my belly.

It hurts like hell.

So, it MUST be good for me.

I'm hoping to work up to 1 liter, then 2 liter and then 3 liter bottles.
SOMEONE tell me the weight of each?
And of 20 oz?
*********
Oct. 1

I only did 5 to 20 reps., depending on the exercise.

And I'm feeling it today! OUCHIES!

I'm thinking this might take some of the tension pain from between my shoulders & in my neck.

Even my fingers and hands hurt; it's hard to type.

So, I'm going to keep doing this. It seems to be helping.

Today's not a good measure; I'm in a lot of pain and feeling quite weak.

Maybe it'll be better a week from now.

No comments: