Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, November 30, 2003

baby, it's cold outside!

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.


baby, it's cold outside!

Group: news:alt.discuss.clubs.public.arts-lit.writing.rriverstone
Date: Sun, Nov 30, 2003, 6:55am (MST-1)
From: (Rogi Riverstone)

But it's going to warm into the high fifties. So, as long as it's not windy, I can work outside today.

I found a blue tarp in the garbage a few weeks ago. I have a green tarp over my ard which is getting too sun rotten and is starting to fray from the wind.

I have 3 tarps over my yard: heavy grey, on the back side, the green at the angle of the L heading toward my door, and blue over the door and front entrance. I think it'll look more presentable to have matched blue tarps in front.

It's going to be a chore. The green tarp attaches to the grey right at the peak of the roof. And I only have step ladders. So, I'll have to use ropes, pullies and long handled brooms and garden tools to get the new tarp up and get the old tarp up.

While I'm up there, I'll hang that rainbow striped Hoby surfing sail I found last month, to cover the seam between the grey and blue tarps, and to add some color to my yard.

I've found two more plastic storage tubs in the garbage. One is a real Rubbermaid tub, with a lid, about ten gallons. So, I can organize tools into those.

I found 2 Rubbermaid under bed storage containers last week, with lids. They're large enough for me to store my video tapes. The storage containers the tapes are in currently can go outside for gardening tools, etc. They're not weather proof.

This is a small apartment, and I have lots of tools and art supplies which need storing between uses.

And I don't like clutter. So I'm always glad to find storage that can be made invisible by stashing it under furniture and such.

While I'm working in the yard, I'll do some laundry and other water chores.

The cats made it pretty clear, the other day, that they've missed helping me out in the yard.

I sure wish I had a ladder!

No comments: