Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, November 06, 2003

I Fixed The Heater...I hope

Moved all the stuff on the shelf and moved the shelf. Found my flashlight, glasses and screwdriver.

Opened the plates Veto screwed on and looked.

I think the reason that one plate is short is to allow air into the housing, to keep the pilot lit.

Found a candle to relight the pilot.

Moved more wires--AND a GAS LINE!--away from possible flames.

Put the plates back on the way they were before Veto messed with them.

Set the thermostat to just above room temp. Turned off all lights and the oven.

The heater kicked on, went for awhile, turned off. I waited.

As I was writing this, the heater kicked on again.

So, the heater is working.

Oh, while I was in there, I checked the vent out, to make sure Veto didn't loosen it while pounding on the furnace housing. It looks ok, as far up into the ceiling as I can see, and doesn't wiggle.

No comments: