Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Monday, November 03, 2003

Excuses

Landlord Tenant told me to call the following: BBB, ADA, Adult Protective Services and City Zoning.

I called bbb, and must go to their website to fill out a form.

ADA didn't answer the phone. Adult Protective Services says they don't handle landlord tenant stuff. I'm afraid to call Zoning; I don't want to end up homeless again because of them. They got my boarding house condemned for bad wiring and a leaky roof and I was evicted on the spot.

Basically, I'm on my own. The girl at landlord tenant today invented me and attributed motives to me that aren't mine. And then started a soap box about the Patriot Act (!?!?!?).

There's Legal Aid, but they won't help me until I get a Doctor's appointment, which is another whole can of worms, since my medicaid and medicare are useless.

So, as usual, I'm sticking to my guns as well as I can.

I've defended myself before, even in a court of law, and did just fine. I can do this.

What's weird is how many people are warning me to set aside the 1/3 rent I'm withholding for noncompliance! OF COURSE, I am! The money's in the bank, even as I write this, waiting to go to them. But not until the repairs are done. I'm following court requirements as closely as I know how.

I'm not going to risk homelessness over this! I guess people think I'm going to spend the money? Maybe I look stupid, but I'm not! LOL.

I don't WANT to mail two checks this month; means I have to buy more stamps early! Means I use up the last check in my book, and have to reorder. Means I risk alienating some pretty thick-headed people who don't seem to know too much about property management.

Maybe someone ELSE would spend that money, but I'm sure as hell not! LOL

I'm starting my own web site!~ I'm looking for work! Winter's coming! I'm getting sick again! I don't NEED to move!

I'm THIS CLOSE to getting a little bit ahead, and now THIS comes along to threaten everything I've been working so hard for? I'm not taking ANY unnecessary chances!

No comments: