Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Feathers, Furnaces and Fools

Well, I USED to sit on my sofa to work on the web. But my neighbor makes SO much noise, and startles me when he screams, and I couldn't concentrate.

So, I moved everything from the living room into the bedroom.

I have a cheap mattress I found in the trash. I think it's stuffed with trash, as it's very lumpy. I mean, it feels like there are chunks of wood in the damn thing! I don't notice it, lying down, with my weight evenly distributed across it.

But, with just my butt and feet touching it, those lumps just grind into me!

So, I HAD to do the feather bed thing.

Besides, the feather bed was too heavy as a top blanket. With the dog, and all the cats, and my keyboard and it's tray, I felt like I was buried alive! LOL.

Having the feather bed on the bottom works very well. It comes up to meet me, conforming to my body, and keeps me very warm. And the softness is a blessing to pain.

I woke with four of six cats and the dog on it, so they must think it's comfortable, too.

Of course, I STILL don't have HEAT yet! Veto never returned with the replacement part yesterday. I found a note taped to my gate saying they'd be repairing heaters on Friday and Monday, and that, if we weren't here on those days, they'd CHARGE US for coming back! Whining that they had over two hundred units to manage.

Well, if you can't manage property, maybe you've got no business in the property management business? Just a guess...

LOL

$#@!! SLUMLORDS!!!

No comments: