Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, November 20, 2003

I Can Cook Turkey Today!

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

Oh, boy, the legs and wings are loose; the cavities are open. I even managed to wrestle the neck out already!

My arms are sore from turkey wrestling.

I went to two stores yesterday, about seven miles on the scooter. It hurts my arms, holding myself on by the handle bars. I guess you could say, "I flew to the grocery yesterday, and boy, are my arms tired!"

Plus, I did a LOT of exercising yesterday. I just can't remember that I'm in BAD shape, and need to do it a little bit at a time. So, my arms and legs are all burny and achey and stiff. I found a new way of pulling the weights that works my shoulder and back muscles better. I have a lot of pain back there all the time, and I think the exercises will help. I just don't want the Schwarzenneger Hump, if I can help it. I don't want ANYTHING Schwarzenneger, for that matter. Puke. That guy is a FREAK!

But I probably did too much.

I woke at five am, but couldn't stay awake. So I collapsed for three more hours, dead to the world. When I've been working hard for a week or so, I sometimes just need to sleep one day. Guess today's the day, huh?

So, I'm listening to a Soliari (sp) opera, scratching the dog's back with my toes, and trying not to disturb Osa, who's sleeping on my right elbow..as usual. She's my bed buddy.

Soon, I'll be back in there, freezing my fingers, digging out the giblets, turkey soup and gravy packets from the bird's cavity. It's a miserable job; the ice takes all the skin off my knuckles. But I'm ready to cook that BIRD!

I bought FOUR packages of cranberries yesterday; they were only a dollar and a half each at Smith's! So I got PLENTY!

THe bread's cubed for the stuffing. Vegetables and fruits are washed and ready to chop. Potatoes are washed and ready to boil.

I am GOING to make my turkey dinner today! If it KILLS me! I can't wait until I don't have to eat balogne sandwichs for awhile! LOL I've eaten up damn near any other meat in this house, to make room for turkey!

No comments: