Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 25, 2004

ding dong, the tooth is dead!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

that dead molar is finally loose. I know I could pull it out of the socket; it's just floating in there.

I've been pulling at it, using the tooth above it as a lever. Sort of like wiggling it back and forth. I've been doing it for weeks.

It wasn't a painful procedure. In fact, it actually felt a bit like scratching an itch, deep in my jaw.

I'll have to be careful not to swallow it when I eat. I need to keep it in the socket, until I know what to do.

It would be fun, though, to pull it out in front of people and really gross them out! And then put it back in!

But I'm not going to remove it. I don't know if I could set the roots back into the holes properly again, for one thing. For another thing, I don't want to push food down in there. That's been an issue, anyway. Food contamination has been a major source of my pain. I've been swishing warm coffee, tea, water and hydrogen peroxide in the socket: anything to ease the pain and irritation.

So, until I can figure out how to get to a dentist or oral surgeon, I'll just have to be careful when I eat.

I've gotten used to chewing only on my right side, anyway. But that side, too, only has one upper and one lower molar left. And none of my molars line up right anymore.

But thank heavens! That damned tooth is DEAD!

I just hope it doesn't cause gangrene.

No comments: