Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, January 24, 2004

urban legend alert!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

well, on my 4th glass of water today, I got the worst head ache! I mean, it's a whopper.

So I wondered: 8 glasses of water per day? I'll be house bound, unable to go anywhere not within easy dash to a bathroom!

So I looked it up.

URBAN LEGEND!

http://www.snopes.com/toxins/water.htm

I'm still glad to drink a LOT more water than I've been drinking! But I need to pay attention to what my body's telling me.

Flushing all the salts and potassium out of my poor, ol', beat up brain ain't gonna help me a BIT!

I mean, I've drunk a day's worth of water in half a day, and my eyes are bulging and my sinus hurt!

Shoulda looked it up before I started drowning myself! HAH!

And I'm right about my food intake: I haven't been eating enough calories in a day. I was relying on the sugars in the sodas for calories. It's 5 pm and I've only eaten about a thousand calories. Estimates I've been reading show I should be eating at least 1,400 to 2,200 per day!

I can't figure out HOW to eat another thousand calories today! I made some pop corn, with a tiny drizzle of butter (about a tablespoon for about eight cups of popped corn) and a couple of sprinkles of cheese powder (from mac & "cheese" box).

I still have 2 pieces of produce left to eat today; maybe I'll have a baked tater.

I KNEW I haven't been EATING much!

This is going to take some serious adjustment! My diet has been radically off base. I knew this was true, because I can't eat a normal-sized meal in one sitting; my stomach shrank. Guess all that WATER will stretch it, huh? LOL

I'll figure it all out, but this is very confusing.

How the HELL am I going to cram another thousand calories down my throat before bed???

Whimper...

---------
I just looked up the calories in taters: about a hundred per. That means I'd have to eat TEN potatoes before bed in order to eat another thousand calories! Four oz. of chicken or turkey is only 350.

I have no idea how to eat enough food before bed time. I've only got about six hours left 'til then. I don't like sleeping on a full stomach.

THis is gonna be a lot harder to figure out than I thought...

I guess I'll need to eat a much larger breakfast.

I've never counted a calorie before in my LIFE!

I wish I could talk to a nutritionist: a REAL one, not some hippy quack!

ok...off to make a tater. Guess I can put cheese and sour cream on it, too, huh?

No comments: