Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, January 23, 2004

scared

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

I go to the Dr. this morning. I already called to bus co. There IS a bus to my destination this morning! I don't have to walk. I have a dollar. I packed the form that needs filling by a Dr.

I'll take my collapsable stroller. There may be groceries at Stadium, next door to the clinic. I also need inserts for my shoes; my feet really bother me.

I'm not scared of what the Dr. will do to me, medically. I'm scared of attitude. I have been treated SO badly by medical professionals over the last 15 years, and I avoid them at almost all costs.

If the Dr. prescribes antibiotics for the absess from my tooth, I don't know how I'll pay for it. I'd much prefer a shot of penicillin or some such.

I woke at 5:30am, as usual. I was very tired yesterday, but didn't let myself nap in the afternoon, for fear I'd oversleep this morning.

I've showered. I even put on a bit of make up and ear rings. I'm not a very good looking person anymore, so maybe it'll help. I don't want to look ridiculous, though.

I wanted to shower early, to give my hair a chance to dry before I leave. I try never to use my hair dryer. It seems like a silly waste of electricity, in a city as dry as Albuquerque. With some timing, a dryer, either for clothes or hair, is really unnecessary.

Porkchop got all excited, as soon as he saw me brushing my hair and putting on socks. Those are indicators that Mommy might be leaving the property, and that I'll probably take him with me. I won't, of course, and he'll be sooo disappointed. But he's had a LOT of walking this week!

Speaking of walking, I'm TRYING to buy 2 new inner tubes for my scooter, if the dang company can be bothered to assist me in my purchase. Their web site isn't very compatible with MSNTV's browser.

If I'm going to be volunteering at the radio station and such, I REALLY need my scooter!

Well, it's still an hour 'til I need to catch the bus. I think I'll make me a nice breakfast and have another cup of coffee.

I just wish this were over already...

No comments: