Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Friday, January 16, 2004

meet my new plates!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

Oh, trash pickin' was a ball yesterday! Some gay guys moved out and that's almost always a bonanza!

Here are SOME of my new plates. Wish you could see the cups better; they're a beautiful shape!

There was some Gibson dinner ware, too, but I can't find it online. Both Kmart and Macy's sell Gibson's: same quality and similar styles, but Macy's charges about $10 more per set! LOL

The Gibsons are hand-painted with big, splotchy flower pots on them. Looks a little like Matisse. Quite bold and "splotchy."

Of course, I didn't get complete sets, but I don't care! They're colorful and friendly.

Got several other bright, primary colors coffee mugs.

Got a monkey butler lamp. It's a night light. The monkey's about 4 inches tall, wearing a real black lampshade on his head... He's carrying candle sticks in both hands and, yes, he's dressed like a butler.

Got several very nice picture frames, a hand-carved wooden cheetah, 2 blacklight bulbs, an aloa vera, a miniature palm tree, a potpouri pot, a butcher block cutting board, the kewlest corkscrew you ever saw.

Got a hand-carved, wooden box, about the size of a silver dollar, with a hand-painted cat on it.

Found several beautiful wine bottles.

Found a new blanket, new sheet and mattress pad.

Basically, I found so much stuff, the cart was too heavy and I almost died, pushing it all home! Had a BALL!

I love my new coffee mugs and matching saucers! SOOO cheerful. So Martha Stewart! It's a pleasure to crawl out of bed, nuke a cuppa, turn on NPR, light a cig and try to wake up!

I no longer smoke in my bedroom. I smoked too much in here, with the webtv. I now must walk to the freezer, unzip a ziploc bag, remove one cigarette, move over to the sofa, sit down and light the cigarette. I'm not allowed to work on projects or do anything else while I smoke. I can only listen to radio or watch tv or read.

I'm down from almost 30 cigs a day to 8-15 per day. Usually, a carton lasts me less than ten days. I bought a carton on the 3rd and still have 3 packs left!

I don't take my cigs with me when I go out. And I try really hard not to ask people for cigs, as that would mess up my daily count.

I have to wait at least 30 minutes between cigarettes.

I don't even miss the extras I used to smoke! No cravings, except if I stay out more than 3 hours.

Saves me a fortune! I should be down to $12.50/month for cigarettes by next month. That's one carton: 10 packs, 200 cigs.

I detect absolutely no difference in my health. I'm still a basket case. I'm not homocidal; I'm not over eating; Im not a mental melt down.

damnedest thing....it's as if I never got up to over a pack a day! do you know: when I had my most horrible job, I smoked TWO PACKS a day???? That was back in the '80s, before all the taxes on cigs. But that was FORTY cigs a day! jesus.

No comments: