Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, January 31, 2004

It's not going to be too hard

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

I can make one can of tuna last about three days, eating a couple of bites a day.

And heaven knows, oatmeal's a cheap source of fiber. I'll buy some dried fruit to add to it.

I made a wonderful salad today!

2 lbs carrots, shredded in food processor

3 oranges, halved and segmented.

1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, ground

1/4 c candied cranberries, ground

1/2 c dried apricots, ground

3 pieces candied ginger.

I mean, that's EASY to eat! 1/2 c chopped fruits or vegies is a serving; I'm trying to eat a minimum of 5 servings/day. And that salad goes down really easily!

A few bites of chicken or cheese on the side and a few crackers, and it's a really good meal.

I just have to be more creative in how I combine foods.

I can do this!

I'm very proud of dropping 4 lbs. in one week! My breasts now portrude farther than my belly again! LOL

No comments: