Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Saturday, January 24, 2004

I'm disgusted

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com

Offer your feedback and comments at Rogi's Kitchen Table.

Well, I've counted my calories today. I didn't eat anything differnt than I normally do, except I reduced my sodas by 3/4.

I calculate that I actually EAT only about 1,500 to 2,000 calories per day.

I've almost eaten 1,500 today. I couldn't finish my stuffed, baked potato. It was only about the size of my fist. It had about 2 tablespoons of beef roast, a pat of butter, a VERY thin slice of cheese (about 1/2 the width of a slice of American cheese), 2 tbsp. sour cream. I couldn't finish it.

I HOPE eleminating the sodas from my diet will be enough of a calorie reduction so I can drop the weight.

I do NOT over eat! But my body's gotten so efficient at storing fat, because my nutrition is so sketchy.

For years, people have called me a pig, a slob, a sow, etc.

I never eat snack foods. I rarely eat fast foods. I rarely drink alcohol. I seldome eat fried stuff. I do eat sugar, but it's usually in something I home baked, and not a lot at one sitting.

This whole time, I didn't think I was eating excessively. And I know I get excercise.

It's a dang mess!

Basically, I'm fat because I'm poor.

No comments: