Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 02, 2011

goatcycles

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

I have 2 molded plastic kids' wading pools in the yard, about 4 feet round and half a foot deep. That's animal water. Well, it's frozen solid. Goats are licking ice.

Because the altitude of the high desert has thin atmosphere, sun eats platics, rubber, etc. So, I intentionally put my garden hose on the north side of the house.

I forgot to move it before the current cold front and it, too, is frozen solid.

I am proud to say I went out there this morning, still dressed in 2 flannel gowns, fleece pajamas and a heavy, terry cloth bath robe (because it's just too darn cold to change into work clothes) and moved a hundred feet of frozen hose out into sunlight, so it can thaw. It's beginning to leak, only an hour later.

I need some water in here today. I need a bath.

I won't try to do laundry until the cold front leaves in a couple of days, though.

But the goats will have water soon, I hope.

The danger, of course, in moving that hose in pajamas is that the weeds out there are four feet tall, and covered in stickery things, which stick to fleece, flannel and terry cloth like velcro.

So, it was an itchy and painful experience, and very cold, but we'll have running water soon. 

No comments: