Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

answering RVing Women questions

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

 Okay, gals, I thought I'd get email notifications when y'all replied, and wondered why I haven't heard from any of you. I figured it's just cuz it's xmas time & folks r busy. So, I see TEN replies and will try to answer all. I'll post elsewhere on my projects for refurbishing TT to live in, OK? Thanks all for warm welcome!

Found out about adjusting propane/air to h2o heater accidentally, while looking at YouTubes & emailing friend who lived in a HORSE trailer for several years; she had to adjust hers when she moved to Albq. from Kansas.

Cabinet removal is EASY, once I bought a set of SQUARE screw bits! They're designed to be installed fast and remove faster, once you get them to tell you how they're installed.

re: Toilet: not using it right now; may not have to where I'm moving. BUT: I could just save shower h2o by plugging tub & bale with that, for now.

Trailer was parked with covers on all tires. Checked them; they are fine & hold pressure. He only lived in it just over a year b4 he died; daughter moved for storage 6 months ago, so it has been driven at least 3 times in 2 years. It has jacks, levelers, etc. I plan to really jack her up, block her and take weight off tires when I get there.

I'm Heinz 57: African American, Cherokee and several kinds of white folks; my people are Appalachian hill folk. I don't claim to be Native & have no tribal registry, as Grandma (1/2 quantuum) was illiterate.

i started "friending" folks around Gallup as soon as I knew I would move to the area. Gallup Pride is run by a Navajo fellow named Renaldo. We've become good Facebook buddies since then. I'll be moving to his grandmother's place. She has a hogan with electricity & water.

I'm on 110. I had to put an adapter thing on the end of the electric hook up to an extension cord. Just have to be very careful with usage. Just bought a 50w solar panel and voltage converter. With it, I can power entire trailer, except furnace & a/c on solar power through battery. I don't want to buy electricity & don't want to impose large bills on my hosts.

For the anode, I have a ratchet set and a heavy pipe to extend the handle for more torque. I oiled the threads last night. yeah, I THINK it's a Suburban h2o heater; any labels gone.

For freezer door, I just bought one of those spring-locking hooks with eye. Screw it. As long as it's closed tight, I'm good.

Freezer's less weight than the cabinets i tore out to make space for it, empty. A human or 2, sitting in that breakfast nook/bed I removed, would weigh more than the food in the freezer. But that's good thinking, about the floor. Thanks!

I don't own a towing vehicle! I don't even own a car! Been out here, rural, 7 miles from nearest grocer, for over a year. I hitch hike to train to Albuquerque with a baby stroller I modified with an ice chest and rubbermaid storage tubs, get on the bus, buy groceries and push a hundred pounds back home once a month. Costs $2, round trip, as buses are free with train ticket. It's eighty miles, round trip. So, the guy who towed it down here says he'll tow it for gas $ for me. Or, failing that, I have a driver's license and planned to rent a u-haul for my goats, cats, dogs, gardening stuff, animal stuff, etc, anyway. I'll just get one strong enough to tow trailer out there.
 

No comments: