Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

heavy rain, snow next, 3 days

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |
I'm hurting something awful this morning, but boy, am I glad i got that freezer in yesterday! The yard will be slippery mud for days, maybe a week, starting today. I wouldn't have been able to move into the trailer until next week, if I hadn't gotten that in, so I can make the bed.

As it is, one foam pad, about a foot wide and 6 feet long, is still out in the rain. I put the pads outside because they were old and lived on by an old man. So, I'll make my bed today, one foot too narrow, and put that pad under the bedding once everything dries. It goes on the back side of the bed, by the window, and is basically space for animals to sleep. I don't want to lie on that crack between pads.

Those foam pads will be covered by other things, to make the bed more soothe and even, anyway. I have several mattress pads, one stuffed with feathers. And I have an egg crate pad to heal the crack. Most of those things, and a set of flannel sheets, are already waiting in the trailer, freshly washed, as are a few blankets.

It'll be tricky, taking things out in the rain, to make the bed, without getting too much rain or mud on them. I have strips of carpet in the back yard I can lay from the front porch to the entrance to the trailer.

More electrical outlets in the house are dying, so I'm getting out just in time. My electric blanket and the little lamp over the bed, as well as my radio, are not working any more; circuits keep blowing.

I think I should take out a small space heater, set on lowest temperature, plus my propane furnace, set on lowest setting.

 I need to clean and move in the cat litter box and dog & cat food and water, and bring cats, some of whom will be kicking and screaming, out into the trailer in the rain. I have a cat carrier for the most violent cats. They'll like it, once they get into it. It already smells a lot like me; I've brought in most of my clothing, etc. There's a 1 foot door over the back bumper for storage of jacks, stabilizers, etc. I arranged the filing cabinets in the back room so the animals can access that back corner and go in and out that door. I'll lay a board with carpet on it at the entrance, so my smallest dog can climb back inside. I won't open that tonight; they need to get used to the space first, to know it's home.

I need to bring in my coffee supplies & pot. I can't function without coffee in the mornings.

So that's the plan for today. There's no heavy lifting involved today, I hope. I may have to adjust the 2 drawer filing cabinets that make up the base of the bed and I have steamer trunks, with my writing in them, that stow under there, too. But, compared to dragging that freezer so far through dirt, that's nothing.

I'm just waiting for day light. I have a rain proof coat ready.

Oh, I almost forgot: UPS tracking says both my used, flat screen monitor and my SOLAR PANEL are coming today!

No comments: