Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I just want to take a bath

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

Well, my neighbor gave me a ride to a larger town/city yesterday, to buy supplies for my TT and get some food.

The RV store is actually helpful! i explained that, where i THOUGHT the anode rod should be, someone had put a tiny relief valve, kinda like on a swamp cooler, with a wing nut, over the hex bolt. She said, yes, people do that to drain the heater, but that's where the rod should be. She agreed with me that it's a pretty stupid idea, since it's better to pressure wash sediment out of the inside, rather than just hope some will find its way to that little opening.

Well, that wing nut is darn near rusted through, so I'd been afraid to mess with it too much. I know now I can beat the SNOT out of it, to get it out of my way, so I can access the anode rod hex with a rachet.

Problem now is timing. I can't take it out until the day I buy a new anode rod. I can't buy an anode rod ahead of time, because there's no model number on the heater. So, beat up the hex nut, remove anode rod, get ride to RV store, get new anode rod, replace.

And, of course, the RV store doesn't have a pressure nozzle for a garden hose, so somehow, I'll have to buy one of those elsewhere, probably online, but don't know how to narrow a search, since it's such a weird piece of equipment.

Mean time, I haven't had but 2 hot showers in the past year, both at neighbors' houses. So, all I want to do, now that I have a long snouted lighter I bought yesterday, is take a dang hot bath!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments: