Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 26, 2010

planned trailer invasion

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

Low on fire wood and work shoes without holes in 'em. Just ate some major NY steak roast, hamburger & tuna over the last, 3 days. Take protein to renovate a trailer.

Trying to get kitchen emptied, so I can move freezer into trailer, so I can build bed (won't be room to move in freezer, if I do bed first), so I can start sleeping in there with dogs & cats, when fire wood completely runs out (I estimate I have maybe 3 days.). Been lugging food & spices in crates out to trailer all morning, stocking shelves, to move shelf in kitchen, to move TABLE in kitchen, so I can move out freezer tomorrow, if I'm still breathing.

Yeah, I know. But I'm very motivated to get the hell out of this house trailer. It's a place of suffering and death. I've endured pretty valiantly, as a friend said, but I'm done.

The other day, although I haven't gotten the water heater to work yet, I was able to take a thorough bath for the 1st time in over a year, not at a neighbor's. The trailer was sun warmed and I heated h2o in a big soup pot on the little, propane stove. The tiny tub has a little seat. So, I really got to scrub my skin, which is a mess from neglect. I was, finally, thoroughly clean, all over.

It'll be a lot cheaper to heat the trailer than the house trailer, which has holes in floors, windows and walls. Plus, it's just MY OWN SPACE, not victimized by a neglectful slum lord. it's clean, cozy and everything works, more or less, as it should. I think my animals will be happier, too.

The dogs already ask to come in when I open the door. One cat has been in it and really likes it. The goats have snuck in a few times, but I kick them out; you can't house break a goat. i just want to be safe, warm and comfortable for the first time in YEARS!

No comments: