Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

progress update

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

I got the trailer last Tuesday.

I have removed ALL unnecessary cabinets, fixtures except a nasty job, removing under sink & medicine chests from bath (it's a very small space, hard to see & work, but I need the room for my own shelves & hanging fixtures). I figure the bath will take a whole day.

All appliances checked & working, except h2o heater. I have to wait for trip to store today to buy one of those long lighters; it's windy here all the time. Oiled anode threads last night; hope I can get it out, cuz I'd like to buy a new one while I'm out today.

Removed a NASTY carpet & pad from living area. Former owner had a dog that peed the HELL out of that carpet!

Bought 50v solar panel & voltage regulator on eBay yesterday. Total cost less than $150. Should power everything, if I'm very careful, but the a/c & furnace.

Almost everything I own is in 6 4-drawer and 6 2-drawer filing cabinets. Moved the heaviest & hardest into back bedroom yesterday. I took the bed cabinet out the 1st day. I'm converting that space into a radio & video recording studio. I'm putting clothes rods on top of tall filing cabinets, which are spaced with short cabinets, in between. I'll hang my clothes there to absorb sound for recording. Also, it frees up the closet across from the head, for extra, unsightly storage. I've installed shelves in those closets.

I've hung my mylar blanket/fleece blanket "curtains." I removed the lace curtains, will wash & replace over my contraptions, so not unsightly from inside cabin. It REALLY helps insulate & retain heat! At apx. 40f outside, inside temp apx. 65f, just from passive solar

No comments: