Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

too sore to take care of self

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

Well, I moved 4 full filing cabinets into trailer today, tore out bathroom cabinet, made a bed for myself, cleaned the floor I tore up yesterday, laid a new rug (from Saudi, Arabia! with coyotes on it!) over the torn- out, dog pissy carpet. That's AFTER going shopping with neighbors for supplies & food.

I forgot to bring in fire wood while light outside. It's dangerous after dark: torn out cabinets with staples and screws in them in the yard, gravel like ball bearings under foot... I can't see at night and, of course, the front porch light fixture, which has threatened to die since I moved in here a year ago, finally croaked night before last. And what happened to the moon?

ANYWAY, I dragged in 3 large logs, a piece of 2x4 (tends to burn quickly & start other wood) and really cheated by bringing in a small piece of a cabinet, even though it's got some toxic crap on it (cuz I knew it'd burn right away). So, the fire is going. I hurt soooo bad! BUT: the trailer is ready to load, and I'm loading.

Had no trouble getting goats in tonight. While it was tee shirt weather all day, tonight, it's just this side of bitter.

No comments: