Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

to a sexist asshole on Face Book

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

Jim, I wish you could read what you are writing from outside your own head. YOU know what you are thinking. I don't understand what you write. i never said my experience has to do with "sexist thinking." Please don't put words in my mouth. I can, and do, speak very well for myself.

I do not understand why you are attacking me, personally, as you have no idea who i am. You asked a series of questions; I answered them. Period. Say thank you, like a gentleman. Speak respectfully to me, as i have to you.

And you did not recognize nor acknowledge that I have BRAIN INJURIES and POST TRAUMATIC STRESS. Might these not be mitigating factors that would affect my ability to be involved in social activism, as I have no formal education, cannot hold a full-time job, live in abject poverty under extremely substandard conditions, have no car in a rural community and liv on $700/month, most months of the year?

Your "professional" pedigree means NOTHING to me, except that you are probably dangerous to psychiatric survivors, such as myself, because you cite as true, buy into and promote the medical industrial complex that is neglecting, abusing, stereotyping, shunning, drugging, controlling and taking away the civil rights of folks like myself.

I AM an activist, involved in MindFreedom.org, The Icarus Project, and PsychRights.org in which survivors support each other as peers in recovering, healing and escaping a very toxic mental "health" system. Most of us, for example, have learned to live very creative, productive lives WITHOUT ANY MEDICATIONS! We advocate on behalf of children, incarcerated adults, prisoners, survivors of lobotomy, toxic medications, electroshock "therapy," sexual and physical assault by mental "health" "professionals, etc.

My impression is that you are reactionary: just looking for an excuse to find fault, bully, abuse and argue. That's why this really will be the last time I address you, as I plan to block you right after I post this.

Your tone with me is condescending, judgmental, arrogant, invasive and accusatory. That's sexist; you know my gender and that I advocate for women.

i think your ego is very frail. I think you hold women in highest contempt, given you need to hijack this thread to get attention for your accusations toward and generalizations about an entire gender, which is not the topic of Neal's post. I think you like it when you offend women to the point where they insult you back and you can say, "don't take it personally, you ignorant, hysterical woman!" Metaphorically, of course.

Now, with all my disabilities, challenges and limitations, I have to go out to the old house trailer I just bought to live in.  I need to finish tearing out cabinets, stripping floors, repairing appliances, setting up solar energy and packing my stuff in it. I don't have TIME to waste on your trap door spider games. You don't want to learn; you want to be right and you want to fight.

See, I'm moving 2 dogs, 3 goats, 4 cats & myself across the state, to live in a traditional hogan, on the Navajo Nation reservation, and I need to do it by the end of next month, all alone, on $700/mo.

I've lived without heat, running water or sewage for over a year. I'm 7 miles from the nearest groceries, with no car or public transportation. I'm sick. I'm in a LOT of pain. I damn near committed suicide 2 weeks ago, because I could NOT find a place to live or something to live in in the entire state of New Mexico, and then I sort of MADE this trailer come through!

It's almost xmas. I'm all alone and working my ovaries off to rescue what little quality I have left. You just don't fit into my plans, bud.

What I've been through these last, five years would have killed a whiny pussy like you in ten minutes. I'm more of a man than you'll ever be. Grow a pair. Good bye.

No comments: