Poverty Is Not an Accident

Poverty Is Not an Accident
Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

donated camcorder!

You are reading http://livinginthehood.blogspot.com
Share |

A sister independent radio producer sent me a camcorder. She just emailed to ask if I'd gotten it. OOPs!

I'm so sorry. It arrived several days ago. I recorded the goats, walking me back from the mail box with it.

At the same time, I was buying, moving and beginning to renovate the travel trailer in which I'll be living, which has consumed almost all my time, concentration, attention, energy and physical strength.

As you may know, I have brain injuries and trouble with memory. So, with all the hubub involved in remembering what hardware I need, how to get appliances to work, how to remove unnecessary cabinets and how to fill propane bottles on a Sunday when everything is shut down, I totally forgot to email you back. It is NOT that I'm not grateful or not THRILLED to have this recorder! Believe me!

With it, and with my minidisc and blog, I'm already beginning to document living & working in the trailer. i just this minute bought a solar panel, so I won't need utility electricity to power everything! I've joined an RV email list, which seems very pleased with my ideas for better self sufficiency & money saving to live independently in a rather small, but comfortable and functional space.

Your recorder will probably next be used to document insulating tricks with cheap, fleece blankets and mylar emergency blankets.

You've done a VERY good thing and I am truly grateful! I'll post links at AIR to video and audio when ready.

THANK you and happy holy days.

No comments: